So you have to do a school science fair project? Well, DON’T PANIC! Whether you are doing an elementary science fair project, or a middle or high school science fair project, your science fair experience can be both educational and fun if you follow some easy tips.
Most of the time, you will get to choose your science fair idea. That means you can pick a topic that YOU find interesting. It is a unique opportunity for you to learn about the subject, while at the same time expressing your creativity in the experiment design and science fair project display.
And don’t forget that an award winning science fair project has the potential to earn you a place in local, state, regional, or even national science fair competitions where you will compete with other projects for scholarships or other prizes. Your average homework assignment definitely can’t do that!
So, let’s get started. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose a science fair project idea – develop a specific question and hypothesis to test.
- Plan your science fair experiment – procedure, materials and safety.
- Perform you experiment, observe and record data.
- Analyze results, reach conclusions, write a report.
- Present your project using a science fair display board.